Thursday, January 28, 2010

Community art projects..

Because train stations just aren't ugly enough already.

I’ve always wanted to meet the person who decided it was appropriate to leave the exterior design of our multi-million dollar public transport infrastructure to an army of presumably colour-blind primary school Picassos. Armed only with imagination, primary colours and skills which only a mother could pretend to love, their extensive repertoire of rainbows, stick figures, killer birds and disproportionate butterflies seems to be creeping over the city one cinder block at a time.


Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a stickler for fostering creativity in young folk but I yearn for the days when this aesthetic rape was confined only to preschool drying racks and suburban refrigerators. Call me a scrooge but my problems with catching public transport were numerous enough prior to averaging 4 epileptic fits and 2 bouts of vertigo before reaching the ticket machine.


Kiddies, save it for the Magna-Doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment